summer’s sharing harvest

by rebecca on September 12, 2011

Post image for summer’s sharing harvest

Blogging is a way to meet and make new friends. I find myself sitting at a banquet table resplendent with tales from other lives to nourish me with insight just because I click. It’s a tasty feast to be sure and every bit as bountiful as the most generous garden.

Here’s a taste of what has been keeping me fed this summer.

There are many reasons to visit SuziCate. Chief among them: because of her photos, I get to feel I’m walking in another world.

My favorite flower:  I love the regal peony juxtaposed against the compost heap.

She breaks her leg and manages to make me laugh and cry about it with her.

What does a mom of a toddler and a mother who just sent her girl off to college have in common? Turns out plenty.

Amber delves into her personal journey of faith without flinching, even when contradictions arise.

What body part do you relate to?

Where  I am gathered and let go; then reminded that counting the rings on a tree is a perfectly good use of time.

Maybe Martha Stewart never felt this way, but all the mothers I know have felt this confusion at one time or another….or daily.

What keeps you fed as you surf the web? What delights you as you find friends you’ve never seen?

SuziCate September 12, 2011 at 10:33 am

I am fed by the various personalities of the bloggers and the wisdom they share. Many tug at my heartstrings while others make me laugh, but mostly i learn things from each of their worlds. Thank you for this lovely post and sharing these blog links. And thanks for your kind words and the shoutout!

Stacia September 12, 2011 at 10:49 am

Thanks for the link, friend. It’s so good to know I make you laugh and cry and not just myself! And you’ll never know how much support and strength I draw from not only your comments but also your altared spaces. Happy Monday!

Kristen @ Motherese September 12, 2011 at 12:47 pm

My blogging friends have been one of the great blessings of my life as a mother. The in-it-togetherness, the humor, the camaraderie are parts of my day that I could never do without, as is the sense that this community of voices is ready to listen to me, to ask me questions and to give me answers. Thank you, my friend, for including me in this list among some of my favorite bloggers, and for introducing me to some new voices. xo

Lindsey September 12, 2011 at 12:57 pm

Oh, I loved these links!! Thank you for sharing. There is so much on the web that keeps me fed, keeps me thinking, often makes me laugh and cry. THIS space is on the short list of those places. Thank you, thank you. xox

Margaret Reyes Dempsey September 12, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Great links, Rebecca. Thanks for sharing them and for linking to my post. “See” you in a few weeks.

rachel September 13, 2011 at 9:41 pm

egads! thank you! yours is a space that i come too, often tired and at the end of a long day or week. i always leave rejuvenated, bolstered and refreshed and with clearer eyes than i came.

and now i am off to click each link. you’ve left so many well-lit trails, i can’t wait to see where i end up…

Privilege of Parenting September 18, 2011 at 4:36 pm

I love this garden and this nourishing connecting banquet, I love the loving arrangement you’ve offered up here on the sacred table of your multifaceted altar-heart-space.